Enjoy these moist delicious muffins for a grab-and-go breakfast or later in the day snack. Cranberry and banana offer a unique flavor combination that is universally pleasing.
Banana Flaxseed Cranberry Muffins
Save to BigOven
Calories: 147.59 kcal
Fat: 4.83 g
Protein: 3.09 g
Fiber: 2.74 g
Sugar: 11.03 g
Sodium: 167.66 mg
- 3 medium bananas (12 ounces), mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 tablespoons extra light flavored olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- Beat egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add orange extract, oil, ricotta cheese, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, stirring to combine, avoiding over mixing.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Grease muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle each muffin with some flaxseed
- Bake in oven ~ 18 minutes (give or take 5 minutes, oven times vary; test readiness with toothpick)
copyright 2018 Wendy Kaplan, MS, RDN, CDN