I like these bites because they are easy to make, provide a good amount of protein (> 5 grams) and have a nice peanut butter taste. It can serve as a quick snack option on difficult or busy days.
Date Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Save to BigOven
Calories: 135.83 kcal
Fat: 5.64 g
Protein: 3.99 g
Fiber: 2.96 g
Sugar: 11.12 g
Sodium: 2.04 mg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- In a food processor, blend oats, sunflower seeds, dates and flax for a few pulses.
- Then add peanut butter and syrup or honey. There’s no real science to the processing, pulse until you reach a desired consistency. Some prefer chunkier pieces, some prefer smoother!
- Then take a scoop (I just use my hands) and make into balls.
- Refrigerate energy bites in an airtight container for ~3 days. My batch made 19 balls, but this number will vary depending on size of balls you make.
copyright 2018 Wendy Kaplan, MS, RDN, CDN