This salad is a triple threat of Fs! The combination of all the ingredients marry so well that it makes for one of the most refreshing, hydrating treats of summer. Fig season (August & September) is short but you can enjoy throughout the fennel/citrus combo year round.
Fennel, Fig & Fuji Salad
Save to BigOven
Calories: 130.25 kcal
Fat: 4.94 g
Protein: 1.63 g
Fiber: 4.69 g
Sugar: 16.56 g
Sodium: 41.53 mg
- 2 medium sized fennel bulbs
- 1 medium Fuji apple
- 5 figs, quartered
- 1/2 large grapefruit
- Small amount (1/8 cup) red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/8 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/8 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 1/8 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Refrigerate for awhile before serving so flavors meld together.
- *Suggested substitutions if you want - apple vaierty, grapefruit juice for orange juice (if not contraindicated by medications,) extra virgin olive oil for grapeseed oil, basil or garlic for sage or rosemary…anything goes!
- Salt & pepper to taste
- **Dressing could double as a marinade
copyright 2018 Wendy Kaplan, MS, RDN, CDN