These muffins make for a quick, delicious fall breakfast! I don’t typically bake vegan style, but these muffins are really delicious. Makes ~12 muffins (or possibly more depending on the size of the muffin).
Vegan Apple Muffins
Save to BigOven
Sugar: 11.44 g
1 cup vanilla unsweetened soy milk (or other non-dairy alternative)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tbsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped apple
1. Mix together soy milk, olive oil, sugar, vanilla and molasses. Then fold in chia seeds. Let this sit for a few minutes so the liquid can hydrate the chia seeds.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin pan (or use muffin liners.)
3. Combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, cloves and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together; Then add Apples.
5. Drop batter into muffin pan.
6. Bake for ~ 20 minutes. *Exact time may vary slightly depending on oven.
7. Cool for 5 minutes and serve, refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze & reheat for ~25 seconds
copyright 2018 Wendy Kaplan, MS, RDN, CDN